Ostatu Reserva 2016
Evolution and distinction. Tempranillo from vineyards over 50 years old located on small slopes on the western side of Samaniego, rippened under the morning sun. A perfect balance between variety and its evolution, resulting in a fleshy and elegant wine distinction.
Winegrowers & winemakers
Sáenz de Samaniego Family
D.O.C Rioja, Sub-zone Rioja Alavesa
Vintage & Classification
2016. Very Good
Intense cherry red with purple hues. Intense and frank aroma, with ripe fruit (red and black plums, cherry, blackberry). Red and violet floral aromas, balsamic touch with some sweet spicy notes. Great expression of the personality of Tempranillo. In the mouth, it is fresh, ample, fleshy, and with very good acidity. Good structure and nerve with sweet tannins somewhat marked and very good persistence of the varietal character.
12.300 bottles ( 75 cl) / 250 magnum (150cl)
Select an option:
- "Picota" cherry colour with violet reflections.
- In the nose brings us memories of ripened red and black fruits, light citrus sign, flower petals and balsamic fragrance are rounding the set.
- Firm perfume of fruit and marked sign of the carbonic maceration process.
- In the mouth it is greedy, enveloping, with great personality.
- Wine-maker Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego. Vineyard management Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego y Ernesto Sáenz de Samaniego.
- 100% Tempranillo.
- Age of vines: over 50 years old.
- Plantation density: 3.000 vines/hectare.
- Goblet pruning.
- Production: 5.000 kg/hectare
- Hand harvested in 15kg boxes, between 1st to 6thof October.
- The grapes come from some of our oldest vineyards located on the western side of Samaniego, north faced slopes.
- Poor calcareous/clay and stony soils.
- The subsoil is made up of various layers of white rock.
- Vineyard grape selection, only the best grapes are taken to the winery.
- Light destemming process to avoid damaging the grapes, without wringing out./li>
- Pre-fermentation cold maceration.
- Alcoholic fermentation in small capacity vats for 19 days at a maximum temperature of 28°C.
- Reworking and breaking up the cap as appropriate during the fermentation.
- Malolactic fermentation in new French oak casks. 16 months cask ageing.
- This wine does not undergo any stabilisation process.
- Bottled: July 2017./span>
Mediterranean climate with strong Atlantic influence. Extreme winter-summer contrast.
- Precipitation: 684,1 litres
- Ave. Temp.: min 7,72ºC, max 18,08ºC, average 12,50ºC
- Average temperature of the soil: 12,99ºC
- Rg (MJ/m2): 503,6827
You might also like
Our origins. Young red of carbonic maceration: the simplest and most natural fermentation of a wine. Made with Tempranillo, Viura, Graciano and Mazuelo from the youngest vineyards.Price €6.50
Exclusivity of vintages. Tempranillo and Graciano. An elegant expression of the potential of great vintages in Samaniego. 24 months aging in oak casks, 5 months in oak tub and more than three...Price €34.50