Ostatu Gran Reserva 2015
Exclusivity of vintages. Tempranillo and Graciano. An elegant expression of the potential of great vintages in Samaniego. 24 months aging in oak casks, 5 months in oak tub and more than three years in the bottle give us a long life wine, elegant and perfumed, with excellent acidity and freshness.
Winegrowers & winemakers
Wine-maker: Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego. Vineyard management: Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego and Ernesto Sáenz de Samaniego
D.O.C Rioja, Sub-zone Rioja Alavesa
Vintage & Classification
2015. Very Good
4,200 bottles ( 75 cl)
Select an option:
- Wine-maker Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego. Vineyard management Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego and Ernesto Sáenz de Samaniego
- 85% Tempranillo, 15% Graciano
- "El Rincón" vineyard, planted in 1945.
- Plantation density: 3.000 vines/hectare.
- Goblet pruning.
- Production: 1.5 kg/vine
- Hand harvested, in 15 Kg boxes, on 11th October.
The grapes come from our vineyard located on small south facing slope, ready to take the morning sun, at an average above the see level. , very poor. The subsoil is made up of various layers of .
. Extreme winter-summer contrast.
- Precipitation: 441.7 litres
- Ave. Temp.: min 6.9ºC, max 17.4ºC, average 11.6ºC
- Rainy days: 97
- Ave. Temp of the soil: 14.46ºC
You might also like
Our origins. Young red of carbonic maceration: the simplest and most natural fermentation of a wine. Made with Tempranillo, Viura, Graciano and Mazuelo from the youngest vineyards.Price €6.30
Evolution and distinction. Tempranillo from vineyards over 50 years old located on small slopes on the western side of Samaniego, rippened under the morning sun. A perfect balance between variety...Price €14.79