Ostatu Crianza 2019
Perfect balance and renewal. A crianza with body and character that is made from Tempranillo, Graciano, Mazuelo and Garnacha grapes which came from Vineyards of 35 years old. A faithful reflection of the spicy character of the tempranillo in Samaniego.
Winegrowers & winemakers
Wine-maker: Sáenz de Samaniego Family
D.O.C Rioja, Sub-zone Rioja Alavesa
Vintage & Classification
2018. Very Good
Bright cherry red with purple hues. It has a very fruity nose (red fruit in season), with a lot of freshness, hints of spices, hints of gunpowder, and light toasted notes, rounding off its expression. The entry is juicy on the palate and its passage is firm and fresh, leaving us with a fruity and pleasant sensation of a balanced body with notes of blackberry, cherry, red plums, and a touch of licorice. Reminiscences of dried fruits, woodwork, and very light roasted coffee.
84.154 bottles (75cl) / 680 magnum (150cl)
Select an option:
- Deep cherry red with purple highlights.
- It brings us a very fruity nose (ripened black and red fruit), with freshness and memories of balsamic notes, spices and some toasted signs, rounding its expression.
- On the palate is juicy, firm, elegant and fresh, leaving us the fruity and pleasant sensation of a balanced body where notes of blackberry, cherry, red and black plums and a touch of liquorice notes appear.
- Memories of nuts, woodwork and very light toasted signs.
- Wine-maker Sáenz de Samaniego Family. Vineyard management Sáenz de Samaniego Family.
- 90% Tempranillo, 10% Graciano y Mazuelo and Garnacha.
- Between 25 and 50 years old vineyards.
- Plantation density: 5.500 vines/hectare.
- Goblet and double cord pruning.
- Production: 5.500 kg/hectare
- Hand harvested from October 16th to 26th.
- The grapes come from our vineyards located in Samaniego, at an average altitude of 580 m above the sea level.
- Poor calcareous/clay and stony soils, ochre coloured.
- The subsoil is made up of various layers of white rock.
- Pre-fermentation cold maceration.
- Alcoholic fermentation in small capacity vats for 12 days at a maximum temperature of 26°C.
- For this wine we use the whole grapes carbonic maceration and a part of destemmed grapes.
- Fermentación maloláctica en depósito de acero inoxidable.
- Malolactic fermentation in stainless steel vats.
- 12 months cask ageing. This wine does not undergo any stabilisation process.
- It has a soft filtering process just before the bottling.
- Bottled on April 2020.
Mediterranean climate with strong Atlantic influence. Extreme winter-summer contrast.
- Precipitation: 734,8 litres
- Ave. Temp.: min 8ºC, max 18,39ºC, average 12,65ºC
- Rainy days: 149
- Frozy mornings: 31
- Average temperature of the soil: 13,72ºC
You might also like
Exclusivity of vintages. Tempranillo and Graciano. An elegant expression of the potential of great vintages in Samaniego. 24 months aging in oak casks, 5 months in oak tub and more than three...Price €34.50
Evolution and distinction. Tempranillo from vineyards over 50 years old located on small slopes on the western side of Samaniego, rippened under the morning sun. A perfect balance between variety...Price €18.10