Ostatu Crianza 2018
Perfect balance and renewal. A crianza with body and character that is made from Tempranillo, Graciano, Mazuelo and Garnacha grapes which came from Vineyards of 35 years old. A faithful reflection of the spicy character of the tempranillo in Samaniego.
Winegrowers & winemakers
Wine-maker: Sáenz de Samaniego Family
D.O.C Rioja, Sub-zone Rioja Alavesa
Vintage & Classification
2018. Very Good
85,469 bottles (75cl) / 3,718 magnum (150cl)
Select an option:
- Deep cherry red with purple highlights.
- It brings us a very fruity nose (ripened black and red fruit), with freshness and memories of balsamic notes, spices and some toasted signs, rounding its expression.
- On the palate is juicy, firm, elegant and fresh, leaving us the fruity and pleasant sensation of a balanced body where notes of blackberry, cherry, red and black plums and a touch of liquorice notes appear.
- Memories of nuts, woodwork and very light toasted signs.
- Wine-maker Sáenz de Samaniego Family. Vineyard management Sáenz de Samaniego Family.
- 90% Tempranillo, 10% Graciano y Mazuelo and Garnacha.
- Between 25 and 50 years old vineyards.
- Plantation density: 5.500 vines/hectare.
- Goblet and double cord pruning.
- Production: 5.500 kg/hectare
- Hand harvested from October 16th to 26th.
- The grapes come from our vineyards located in Samaniego, at an average altitude of 580 m above the sea level.
- Poor calcareous/clay and stony soils, ochre coloured.
- The subsoil is made up of various layers of white rock.
- Pre-fermentation cold maceration.
- Alcoholic fermentation in small capacity vats for 12 days at a maximum temperature of 26°C.
- For this wine we use the whole grapes carbonic maceration and a part of destemmed grapes.
- Fermentación maloláctica en depósito de acero inoxidable.
- Malolactic fermentation in stainless steel vats.
- 12 months cask ageing. This wine does not undergo any stabilisation process.
- It has a soft filtering process just before the bottling.
- Bottled on April 2020.
Mediterranean climate with strong Atlantic influence. Extreme winter-summer contrast.
- Precipitation: 734,8 litres
- Ave. Temp.: min 8ºC, max 18,39ºC, average 12,65ºC
- Rainy days: 149
- Frozy mornings: 31
- Average temperature of the soil: 13,72ºC