Selección de Ostatu 2015
The most airy vineyard. Tempranillo and Graciano from a vineyard of more than 50 years located in the eastern part of Samaniego, as "Montecillo", where the wind has a higher impact. 14 months just aging in the barrel and 20 more polishing in a bottle give us a wine characterized by its freshness and personality.
Winegrowers & winemakers
Wine-maker: Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego. Vineyard management: Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego and Ernesto Sáenz de Samaniego
D.O.C Rioja, Sub-zone Rioja Alavesa
Vintage & Classification
Intense red with dark purple highlights. Aromas of ripe red and black fruit, spicy sweet and creamy balsamic signs , light sweet touch. Great personality of the tempranillo and evocations of the French oak. In the mouth it marks an intense fruit with a good point of acidity and freshness. Sweet and soften tannin. Great liveliness and tasty acidity, profuse in the expression of the fruit.
17,949 bottles ( 75 cl) / 589 magnum (150 cl)
Select an option:
- Wine-maker Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego. Vineyard management Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego and Ernesto Sáenz de Samaniego.
- 95% Tempranillo and 5% Graciano
- Vineyards from Samaniego’s eastern and airy area and over 50 years old.
- Plantation density: 3.000 vines/hectare.
- Goblet pruning.
- Production: 5,000 kg/hectare.
- Hand harvested, in 15 Kg boxes, between 15th - 18th October 2014.
Extreme winter-summer contrast.
- Precipitation: 686.8 litres
- Ave. Temp.: min 11.1ºC, max 22.2ºC, average 12.7ºC
- Soil Ave. Temp.: 14.7ºC