Ostatu Tinto 2020
Our origins. Young red of carbonic maceration: the simplest and most natural fermentation of a wine. Made with Tempranillo, Viura, Graciano and Mazuelo from the youngest vineyards.
Winegrowers & winemakers
Wine-maker: Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego. Vineyard management: Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego and Ernesto Sáenz de Samaniego
D.O.C Rioja, Sub-zone Rioja Alavesa
Vintage & Classification
2020. Very Good/Excellent (Provisional)
155,000 bottles (75 cl)
Select an option:
- "Picota" cherry colour with violet reflections.
- In the nose brings us memories of ripened red and black fruits, light citrus sign, flower petals and balsamic fragrance are rounding the set.
- Firm perfume of fruit and marked sign of the carbonic maceration process.
- In the mouth it is greedy, enveloping, with great personality.
- Wine-maker Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego. Vineyard management Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego y Ernesto Sáenz de Samaniego.
- 92% Tempranillo, 2% Viura, 6% Graciano and Mazuelo.
- Age of vines: between 12 and 25 years old vineyards.
- Plantation density: 3.000 vines/hectare.
- Goblet and double cord pruning.
- Production: 6.800 kg/hectare
- Hand harvested and taken to the winery in small trailer loads from September 23th to October 12th.
- The grapes come from our youngest plots, and are within a 6 km. radius from the winery, in the districts of Samaniego, Laguardia, and Elciego, at altitudes of between 450 m and 600 m above sea level.
- A combination of calcareous/clay and stony soils, with the subsoil made up of various layers of white rock.
- Strict carbonic maceration of the whole grapes in stainless steel vats.
- Alcoholic fermentation in stainless steel vats at a maximum temperature of 24°C with gentle stirring.
- For this wine we use the traditional grape treading.
- The wine is then kept in the vats until it is bottled. Lightly filtered.
Mediterranean climate with strong Atlantic influence. Extreme winter-summer contrast.
- Precipitations: 677 litres
- Ave. Temp.: min 8,3ºC, max 15,7ºC, average 11ºC
- Winkler index: 1570 C
- Rainy days: 109
- Frozy mornings: 22
- Average temperature of the soil: 14,45ºC
You might also like
Exclusivity of vintages. Tempranillo and Graciano. An elegant expression of the potential of great vintages in Samaniego. 24 months aging in oak casks, 5 months in oak tub and more than three...Price €27.00
Evolution and distinction. Tempranillo from vineyards over 50 years old located on small slopes on the western side of Samaniego, rippened under the morning sun. A perfect balance between variety...Price €16.10