Ostatu Rosé 2021
New taste. A young rosé made from Tempranillo, Garnacha and Viura grapes which come from the highest parts of our vineyards, in the district of Samaniego. A special rosé that won’t leave you indifferent.
Winegrowers & winemakers
Wine-maker: Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego. Vineyard management: Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego and Ernesto Sáenz de Samaniego
D.O.C Rioja, Sub-zone Rioja Alavesa
Vintage & Classification
2021. Very good/Excellent (Provisional)
Very pale pink color with pinkish reflections. Bright, clean, and very particular. Elegant, complex, and fresh nose, with characteristic varietal notes of red berries, strawberry, mint, and fennel. Light and fresh on the palate, complex and persistent, round and pleasant.
47.129 bottles (75 cl) / 15 magnum bottles (150 cl)
Select an option:
- Soft and bright pink with salmon and onion skin hints.
- Brillante, limpio y muy particular.
- Intense aroma of red fruits (strawberries, raspberries, currants), some citrus sign (orange peel) and fine minerality.
- Very fresh and balanced on the palate, very good acidity, greasy and with dimension.
- Alive ending with great balance of flavours, fruitiness and warmth.
- Wine-maker: Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego. Vineyard management: Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego and Ernesto Sáenz de Samaniego.
- 70% Tempranillo, 27% Garnacha, 3% Viura
- Vineyards: La Paul, Carrera y Los Caños.
- Plantation density: 3.000 vines/hectare.
- Production: 6,800 kg/hectare.
- Hand harvested, and taken to the winery in small trailer loads on 23th and 24th september.
- The grapes come from the highest vineyards, in the district of Samaniego, at an altitude of 600-650 m above sea level.
- Poor calcareous/clay soil, on south facing slopes.
- The subsoil is made up of various layers of white rock.
- The grapes are destemmed and macerated just in the moment they arrive to the winery.
- The grape must ferment on the lees in stainless steel vats for 31 days at a temperature of 15-16°C.
- The wine is then kept in the vats until it is bottled.
Mediterranean climate with strong Atlantic influence. Extreme winter-summer contrast.
- Precipitation: 677 litres
- Ave. Temp.: min 8,3ºC, max 15.7ºC, average 11ºC
- Winkler index: 1570 C
- Rainy days: 109
- Frozy mornings: 22
- Average temperature of the soil: 14.45ºC
You might also like
Perfect balance and renewal. A crianza with body and character that is made from Tempranillo, Graciano, Mazuelo and Garnacha grapes which came from Vineyards of 35 years old. A faithful reflection...Price €10.10
Know-how. White young wine made from Viura and Malvasía grapes which come from old vineyards (between 30 and 80 years old). A fresh and fruity wine with a noticiable personality.Price €6.30