Ostatu Rosé 2020
New taste. A young rosé made from Tempranillo, Garnacha and Viura grapes which come from the highest parts of our vineyards, in the district of Samaniego. A special rosé that won’t leave you indifferent.
Winegrowers & winemakers
Wine-maker: Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego. Vineyard management: Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego and Ernesto Sáenz de Samaniego
D.O.C Rioja, Sub-zone Rioja Alavesa
Vintage & Classification
2020. Very good/Excellent (Provisional)
42,970 bottles (75 cl) / 15 magnum bottles (150 cl)
Select an option:
- Soft and bright pink with salmon and onion skin hints.
- Brillante, limpio y muy particular.
- Intense aroma of red fruits (strawberries, raspberries, currants), some citrus sign (orange peel) and fine minerality.
- Very fresh and balanced on the palate, very good acidity, greasy and with dimension.
- Alive ending with great balance of flavours, fruitiness and warmth.
- Wine-maker: Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego. Vineyard management: Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego and Ernesto Sáenz de Samaniego.
- 70% Tempranillo, 27% Garnacha, 3% Viura
- Vineyards: La Paul, Carrera y Los Caños.
- Plantation density: 3.000 vines/hectare.
- Production: 6,800 kg/hectare.
- Hand harvested, and taken to the winery in small trailer loads on 23th and 24th september.
- The grapes come from the highest vineyards, in the district of Samaniego, at an altitude of 600-650 m above sea level.
- Poor calcareous/clay soil, on south facing slopes.
- The subsoil is made up of various layers of white rock.
- The grapes are destemmed and macerated just in the moment they arrive to the winery.
- The grape must ferment on the lees in stainless steel vats for 31 days at a temperature of 15-16°C.
- The wine is then kept in the vats until it is bottled.
Mediterranean climate with strong Atlantic influence. Extreme winter-summer contrast.
- Precipitation: 677 litres
- Ave. Temp.: min 8,3ºC, max 15.7ºC, average 11ºC
- Winkler index: 1570 C
- Rainy days: 109
- Frozy mornings: 22
- Average temperature of the soil: 14.45ºC