Ostatu Blanco 2022
Know-how. A young white wine made from Viura and Malvasía grapes coming from old vineyards (between 30 and 80 years old). A fresh and fruity wine with a noticeable personality.
Winegrowers & winemakers
Wine-maker: Sáenz de Samaniego Family.
Vineyard management: Sáenz de Samaniego Family.
D.O.C Rioja, Sub-zone Rioja Alavesa
Vintage & Classification
2022. Very Good(Provisional)
Primary aromas of flowers and white fruits and subtle herbal nuances. Enveloping and silky, with an intense acidity that increases the aftertaste. Very balanced,
Select an option:
- Pale yellow and bright colour with greenish hues.
- Citrus and white fruits (green apple, pear) with floral and slightly herbal memories, very fine expression of the variety.
- Very good balance, well-salted acidity, fresh, greedy and with a certain oiliness note.
- Great balance of flavours where green apple and lemon, ripened greengage plum and white flowers are predominating.
- Wine-maker & vineyard management Sáenz de Samaniego Family.
- 85% Viura, 15% Malvasia.
- Age of vines, between 30 and 80 years old.
- Plantation density: 3.000 vines/hectare.
- Goblet pruning.
- Production:7.500 kg/hectare
- Hand harvested and taken to the winery in small trailer loads between 13th and 18th September.
- The grapes come from the highest parts of our oldest vineyards, in the districts of Samaniego, Laguardia, and Leza, at an altitude of 580 m above sea level.
- Poor calcareous/clay soil, on south facing slopes.
- The subsoil is made up of various layers of white rock.
- The grapes are destemmed and pressed mechanically. Some hours low temperature maceration
- The grape must ferments on the lees in stainless steel vats for 27 days at a temperature of 15-16°C.
- Cold stabilisation.
- Filtered only for tartaric stabilisation process.
- The wine is then kept in the vats until it is bottled.
Mediterranean climate with strong Atlantic influence. Extreme winter-summer contrast.
- Precipitation: 488 litres
- Ave. Temp.: min 8,47ºC, max 19.28ºC, average 13.26ºC
- Winkler index: 1790.4ºC
- Rainy days: 108
- Frozy mornings: 34
- Average temperature of the soil: 14.4ºC
You might also like
Our origins. Young red of carbonic maceration: the simplest and most natural fermentation of a wine. Made with Tempranillo, Viura, Graciano and Mazuelo from the youngest vineyards.Price €6.50
Perfect balance and renewal. A crianza with body and character that is made from Tempranillo, Graciano, Mazuelo and Garnacha grapes which came from Vineyards of 35 years old. A faithful reflection...Price €10.10