Ostatu Blanco 2020
Know-how. White young wine made from Viura and Malvasía grapes which come from old vineyards (between 30 and 80 years old). A fresh and fruity wine with a noticiable personality.
Winegrowers & winemakers
Wine-maker: Sáenz de Samaniego Family. Vineyard management: Sáenz de Samaniego Family.
D.O.C Rioja, Sub-zone Rioja Alavesa
Vintage & Classification
2020. Very Good/Excellent (Provisional)
79,550 bottles (75 cl)
Select an option:
- Pale yellow and bright colour with greenish hues.
- Citrus and white fruits (green apple, pear) with floral and slightly herbal memories, very fine expression of the variety.
- Very good balance, well-salted acidity, fresh, greedy and with a certain oiliness note.
- Great balance of flavours where green apple and lemon, ripened greengage plum and white flowers are predominating.
- Wine-maker Sáenz de Samaniego Family. Vineyard management Sáenz de Samaniego Family.
- 85% Viura, 15% Malvasia.
- Age of vines, between 30 and 80 years old.
- Plantation density: 3.000 vines/hectare.
- Goblet pruning.
- Production:6,800 kg/hectare
- Hand harvested and taken to the winery in small trailer loads between 16th and 22th September.
- The grapes come from the highest parts of our oldest vineyards, in the districts of Samaniego, Laguardia, and Leza, at an altitude of 580 m above sea level.
- Poor calcareous/clay soil, on south facing slopes.
- The subsoil is made up of various layers of white rock.
- The grapes are destemmed and pressed mechanically. Some hours low temperature maceration
- The grape must ferments on the lees in stainless steel vats for 27 days at a temperature of 15-16°C.
- Cold stabilisation.
- Filtered only for tartaric stabilisation process.
- The wine is then kept in the vats until it is bottled.
Mediterranean climate with strong Atlantic influence. Extreme winter-summer contrast.
- Precipitation: 677 litres
- Ave. Temp.: min 8,3ºC, max 15.7ºC, average 11ºC
- Winkler index: 1570 C
- Rainy days: 109
- Frozy mornings: 22
- Average temperature of the soil: 14.45ºC