LADERAS de Ostatu 2014
The highest vineyard. Made with Tempranillo and Viura from "El Portillo", planted at 630m of altitude. A facing south slope protected by small foothills of the Cantabria mountain range. A wine where the uniqueness of a high and advanced age’s terroir is expressed, each vintage, with a delicate floral character.
Winegrower & winemaker
Wine-maker: Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego. Vineyard management: Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego and Ernesto Sáenz de Samaniego
D.O.C Rioja, Sub-zone Rioja Alavesa
Vintage & Classification
Intense cherry colour with purple highlights, nice concentration. Memories of ripened red and black fruit (cherries, red and black plums), a soft floral touch with some wild wink. Deep balsamic, sweet and spicy background. Nice and honest expression of the Tempranillo grape. Tasty and fruity mouth, freshness sensation and longitudinal trace of acidity. With volume, structure and greedy and polished tannins that increase the feeling of fleshiness. It finishes with a mineral key of terroir, good for a long life.
3,600 bottles 75 cl.
Select an option:
- Wine-maker: Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego. Vineyard management: Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego and Ernesto Sáenz de Samaniego
- 97% Tempranillo and 3% Viura
- Vine planted in 1967 (51 years old).
- Plantation density: 3.000 vines/hectare.
- Goblet pruning.
- Production: 4,320 kg/hectare.
- Hand harvested, in 15 Kg boxes, on 6th October 2014.
Extreme winter-summer contrast.
- Precipitation: 565.6 litres
- Ave.Temp: min 11.1ºC, max 22.2ºC, average 12.7ºC
- Soil Ave. Temp.: 14.7ºC