Ostatu Blanco Gran Reserva 2013
Know-how. White young wine made from Viura and Malvasía grapes which come from old vineyards (between 30 and 80 years old). A fresh and fruity wine with a noticiable personality.
Winegrowers & Winemakers
Wine-maker: Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego. Vineyard management: Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego and Ernesto Sáenz de Samaniego
D.O.C Rioja, Subzona Rioja Alavesa
Vintage & Classification
Yellow and touches of lighty bright golden colour. It’s nose is elegant, intense and deep. Full of aromas from fresh almonds to delicate white stone fruits. Dried apricots, notes of white honey, hawthorn flower or toffee. The palate is fleshy, elegant and fresh, with a very nice acidity that will prolong it’s life for several years.
2,688 bottles 0,75l.
Select an option:
Yellow, with a light bright golden. Its nose is thin, intense and deep, with aromas reminiscent . In the mouth it is meaty, elegant and fresh, with a very good acidity that will extend life for several years.
- Wine-maker: Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego. Vineyard management: Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego and Ernesto Sáenz de Samaniego.
- 85% Viura, 15% Malvasia
- Vineyards of over 50 years.
- Plantation density: 3,000 vines/hectare.
- Goblet pruning
- Production: 6,300 kg/hectare
- Hand harvested, in 15 kg boxes between 26th and 27th September.
The grapes come from the highest parts of our oldest vineyards, in the district of , on south facing slopes. The subsoil is made up of various layers of white rock.
Extreme winter-summer contrast.
- Precipitation: 854.1 litres
- Ave. Temp.: min 7.41ºC, max 17.3ºC, average 12.04ºC
- Ave. Temp of the soil: 13.9ºC