Ostatu Blanco Gran Reserva 2013
Know-how. White young wine made from Viura and Malvasía grapes which come from old vineyards (between 30 and 80 years old). A fresh and fruity wine with a noticiable personality.
Winegrowers & Winemakers
Wine-maker: Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego. Vineyard management: Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego and Ernesto Sáenz de Samaniego
D.O.C Rioja, Subzona Rioja Alavesa
Vintage & Classification
2,688 bottles 0,75l.
Select an option:
- Yellow, with a light bright golden.
- Its nose is thin, intense and deep, with aromas reminiscent of fresh almonds to delicate white stone fruits, dried apricots, notes of white honey, hawthorn flower and caramel.
- In the mouth it is meaty, elegant and fresh, with a very good acidity that will extend life for several years.
- Wine-maker: Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego. Vineyard management: Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego and Ernesto Sáenz de Samaniego.
- 85% Viura, 15% Malvasia
- Vineyards of over 50 years.
- Plantation density: 3,000 vines/hectare.
- Goblet pruning
- Production: 6,300 kg/hectare
- Hand harvested, in 15 kg boxes between 26th and 27th September.
- The grapes come from the highest parts of our oldest vineyards, in the district of Samaniego at an altitude between 400 and 580 m above sea level.
- Poor calcareous/clay soil, on south facing slopes.
- The subsoil is made up of various layers of white rock.
- Vineyard grape selection, only the best grapes are taken to the winery.
- Light destemming process to avoid damaging the grapes, without wringing out.
- Pre-fermentation maceration cold for 5 hours.
- The grape juice ferments on the lees in stainless steel vats for 23 days at a temperature of 15-16°C.
- Natural cold stabilisation.
- Filtered only for tartaric stabilisation process.
- The wine was not going under malolactic fermentation and was aged in second year’s French oak barrels during 9 months.
Mediterranean climate with strong Atlantic influence. Extreme winter-summer contrast.
- Precipitation: 854.1 litres
- Ave. Temp.: min 7.41ºC, max 17.3ºC, average 12.04ºC
- Ave. Temp of the soil: 13.9ºC