Escobal de Ostatu 2018
Grapes coming from the plot known as Marbella, or Escobal, planted in 1995 from a selection of our best tempranilo at an altitude of 547 m above the sealevel and slightly South –West faced. This is our first plot in organic farming since 2010
Winegrower & winemaker:
Wine-maker: Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego. Vineyard management: Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego and Ernesto Sáenz de Samaniego
D.O.C Rioja, Sub-zone Rioja Alavesa
Vintage & Classification
2018. Very Good
Deep cherry colour with violet reflections. The nose brings back memories of red and black seasoned fruit, light citrus winks, flower petals and balsamic fragrance that rounds it up. Firm perfume of fruitiness. The palate is sweet, with great personality and wrap.
10,195 bottles (75cl)
Select an option:
- Wine-maker Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego. Vineyard management Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego and Ernesto Sáenz de Samaniego.
- 100% tempranillo grape.
- Vineyard of 25 years old.
- Planting density: 3,000 vines/ha.
- Royat pruning double cord.
- Production: 6,500 kg/ha
- Manual harvest, small load on 1st October.
Extreme winter-summer contrast.
- Precipitation: 734.8 litres
- Ave. Temp.: min 8ºC, max 18.39ºC, average 12.65ºC
- Rainy days: 149
- Frozy mornings: 13
- Average temperature of the soil: 13.72ºC