Ostatu Reserva 2015
Evolution and distinction. Tempranillo from vineyards over 50 years old located on small slopes on the western side of Samaniego, rippened under the morning sun. A perfect balance between variety and its evolution, resulting in a fleshy and elegant wine distinction.
Winegrowers & winemakers
Sáenz de Samaniego Family
D.O.C Rioja, Sub-zone Rioja Alavesa
Vintage & Classification
8,200 bottles ( 75 cl) / 314 magnum (150cl)
Select an option:
- "Picota" cherry colour with violet reflections.
- In the nose brings us memories of ripened red and black fruits, light citrus sign, flower petals and balsamic fragrance are rounding the set.
- Firm perfume of fruit and marked sign of the carbonic maceration process.
- In the mouth it is greedy, enveloping, with great personality.
- Wine-maker Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego. Vineyard management Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego y Ernesto Sáenz de Samaniego.
- 100% Tempranillo.
- Age of vines: over 50 years old.
- Plantation density: 3.000 vines/hectare.
- Goblet pruning.
- Production: 5.000 kg/hectare
- Hand harvested in 15kg boxes, between 1st to 6thof October.
- The grapes come from some of our oldest vineyards located on the western side of Samaniego, north faced slopes.
- Poor calcareous/clay and stony soils.
- The subsoil is made up of various layers of white rock.
- Vineyard grape selection, only the best grapes are taken to the winery.
- Light destemming process to avoid damaging the grapes, without wringing out./li>
- Pre-fermentation cold maceration.
- Alcoholic fermentation in small capacity vats for 19 days at a maximum temperature of 28°C.
- Reworking and breaking up the cap as appropriate during the fermentation.
- Malolactic fermentation in new French oak casks. 16 months cask ageing.
- This wine does not undergo any stabilisation process.
- Bottled: July 2017./span>
Mediterranean climate with strong Atlantic influence. Extreme winter-summer contrast.
- Precipitation: 684,1 litres
- Ave. Temp.: min 7,72ºC, max 18,08ºC, average 12,50ºC
- Average temperature of the soil: 12,99ºC
- Rg (MJ/m2): 503,6827