LORE de Ostatu 2018
The coolest vineyard. Fermented in oak barrel and maturated on its lees for 6 months. Made with Viura and Malvasia from "Valcavada", a vineyard located inside the Protected Biotope of the Lagoons of Laguardia, facing north towards the Cantabria mountain range. A white wine with a perfect zonal and identity statement.
Winegrower & winemaker
Wine-maker: Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego. Vineyard management: Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego and Ernesto Sáenz de Samaniego
D.O.C Rioja, Sub-zone Rioja Alavesa
Vintage & Classification
2018. Very good.
5,320 bottles (75 cl)
Select an option:
- Bright straw yellow with pale hues.
- Aromas of white fruits (greengage plum, pear, quince), citrus and smoked sweet spices that go to the toasted ones.
- We can also find floral notes such as jasmine and chamomile.
- Tasty, balanced, oily and with dimension, long.
- Well balanced with the spice notes of its aging process in barrel, interesting intensity of the fruit, very varied, and greasy.
- Wine-maker: Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego. Vineyard management Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego and Ernesto Sáenz de Samaniego.
- 50% Viura, 50% Malvasia.
- Age of vines, 60 years old, "Valcavada" plot.
- Plantation density: 3,000 vines/ha.
- Goblet pruning.
- Production: 6,300 kg/ha
- Hand harvested, in 15 Kg boxes, on the 3rd of October.
- The grapes come from a special vineyard, "Valcavada", north faced, at an average altitude of 580m above sea level. This plot belongs to the protection area known as Biotope of Lagunas de Laguardia.
- Poor calcareous/clay soil, on north facing slopes. The subsoil is made up of various layers of white rock.
- Destemmed and 8 hours low temperature maceration.
- The grape must ferments on the lees in 500 l oaks during 23 days, with a temperature close to 16ºC.
- The wine is then kept with the lees in the cask until it is bottled, light weekly batonage.
- Natural cold stabilisation. Filtered only for tartaric stabilisation process.
- Bottling date: 8th of June, 2017.
Mediterranean climate with strong Atlantic influence. Extreme winter-summer contrast.
- Precipitation: 463.2 litres
- Ave. Temp: min 8.14ºC, max 18.37ºC, average 12.88ºC
- Rainy days: 105
- Frozy mornings: 13
- Average temperature of the soil: 14.46ºC
You might also like
The oldest vineyard. Made from grapes from our oldest and beloved vineyard, "Revillas". Low production but high quality plot that makes possible a fleshy and concentrated wine, with a great...Price €43.50
Grapes coming from the plot known as Marbella, or Escobal, planted in 1995 from a selection of our best tempranilo at an altitude of 547 m above the sealevel and slightly South –West faced. This...Price €13.40