LORE de Ostatu 2016
The coolest vineyard. Fermented in oak barrel and maturated on its lees for 6 months. Made with Viura and Malvasia from "Valcavada", a vineyard located inside the Protected Biotope of the Lagoons of Laguardia, facing north towards the Cantabria mountain range. A white wine with a perfect zonal and identity statement.
Winegrower & winemaker
Wine-maker: Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego. Vineyard management: Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego and Ernesto Sáenz de Samaniego
D.O.C Rioja, Sub-zone Rioja Alavesa
Vintage & Classification
2016. Very good.
Bright straw yellow with pale hues. Aromas of white fruits (greengage plum, pear, quince), citrus and smoked sweet spices that go to the toasted ones. We can also find floral notes such as jasmine and chamomile. Tasty, balanced, oily and with dimension, long. Well balanced with the spice notes of its aging process in barrel, interesting intensity of the fruit, very varied, and greasy.
5,320 bottles (75 cl)
Select an option:
- Wine-maker: Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego. Vineyard management Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego and Ernesto Sáenz de Samaniego.
- 50% Viura, 50% Malvasia.
- Age of vines, 60 years old, "Valcavada" plot.
- Plantation density: 3,000 vines/ha.
- Goblet pruning.
- Production: 6,300 kg/ha
- Hand harvested, in 15 Kg boxes, on 20th September.
Extreme winter-summer contrast.
- Precipitation: 463.2 litres
- Ave. Temp: min 8.14ºC, max 18.37ºC, average 12.88ºC
- Average temperature of the soil: 14.46ºC