GLORIA de Ostatu 2011
The oldest vineyard. Made from grapes from our oldest and beloved vineyard, "Revillas". Low production but high quality plot that makes possible a fleshy and concentrated wine, with a great aging potential. The tempranillo at its best.
Winegrower & winemaker
Wine-maker: Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego. Vineyard management: Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego and Ernesto Sáenz de Samaniego
D.O.C Rioja, Sub-zone Rioja Alavesa
Vintage & Classification
4,180 bottles 75 cl.
Select an option:
- Intense cherry color with garnet reflections.
- Highlights aromas of fruits such as cherries, claudia plums and black fruit in seasoning, accompanied by sweets and fine toast.
- Subtle minerality, a reflection of its homeland.
- In the mouth it provides very good concentration of fruit and acidity.
- Oily and fresh, but with warm essence.
- Balsamic notes of licorice.
- Franco in its length with influence of present oak, although always leaving prominence to the fruit.
- Wine-maker Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego. Vineyard management Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego and Ernesto Sáenz de Samaniego
- 100% Tempranillo
- Over 80 years old vineyard, Revillas.
- Plantation density: 3,500 vines/hectare.
- Goblet pruning.
- Production: 3,200 kg/hectare
- Hand harvested, in 15 Kg boxes, on 27th October 2010.
- The grapes come from our plot “Revillas”, at an altitude of 580 meters above sea level.
- Combination of poor calcareous/clay soil and stones, on a south facing slope.
- The subsoil is made up of various layers of white rock.
- Vineyard grape selection, only the best grapes are taken to the winery. Light destemming process to avoid damaging the grapes.
- Pre-fermentation cold maceration. Alcoholic fermentation in small capacity vats for 18 days at a maximum temperature of 29°C.
- Reworkings and breaking up the cap as appropriate during the fermentation. Malolactic fermentation in new French oak casks.
- 18 months casks ageing. This wine does not undergo any stabilisation or filtering process.
Mediterranean climate with strong Atlantic influence. Extreme winter-summer contrast.
- Precipitation: 441,7 litrEs
- Ave. Temp: mIn. 6,9ºC, max. 17,4ºC average 12ºC
- Average temperature of the soil: 14,46ºC
- Ave. Humudity: 71%
You might also like
The coolest vineyard. Fermented in oak barrel and maturated on its lees for 6 months. Made with Viura and Malvasia from "Valcavada", a vineyard located inside the Protected Biotope of the Lagoons...Price €14.40
Grapes coming from the plot known as Marbella, or Escobal, planted in 1995 from a selection of our best tempranilo at an altitude of 547 m above the sealevel and slightly South –West faced. This...Price €13.00