GLORIA de Ostatu 2011
The oldest vineyard. Made from grapes from our oldest and beloved vineyard, "Revillas". Low production but high quality plot that makes possible a fleshy and concentrated wine, with a great aging potential. The tempranillo at its best.
Winegrower & winemaker
Wine-maker: Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego. Vineyard management: Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego and Ernesto Sáenz de Samaniego
D.O.C Rioja, Sub-zone Rioja Alavesa
Vintage & Classification
Intense cherry colour with deep red reflections. Good fruit expression (cherries, greengage plums and ripen black fruit) accompanied by sweet spices and fine toasts. Subtle minerality, reminding its terroir. In the mouth it has a very good fruit complexity and acidity. Oily, direct, fresh but with a warm backgrownd. Balsamic notes of licorice. Honest in its depth with influence of the oak, leaving always the main character to the fruit.
4,180 bottles 75 cl.
Select an option:
- Wine-maker Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego. Vineyard management Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego and Ernesto Sáenz de Samaniego
- 100% Tempranillo
- Over 80 years old vineyard, Revillas.
- Plantation density: 3,500 vines/hectare.
- Goblet pruning.
- Production: 3,200 kg/hectare
- Hand harvested, in 15 Kg boxes, on 27th October 2010.
. Extreme winter-summer contrast.
- Precipitation: 441,7 litrEs
- Ave. Temp: mIn. 6,9ºC, max. 17,4ºC average 12ºC
- Average temperature of the soil: 14,46ºC